Saturday, February 1, 2014

Chinese New Year part 1


 Salam you ols,


This entry is about our celebration of Chinese New Year. What I meant by 'our' is my school of course. So, my year group has to do an assembly for Chinese New Year which will be on 12th February 2014. InsyaAllah.

Since we have five classes, each classes will do different types of performance. Three classes will do the acting part and two classes will be doing the fillers part A.K.A dancing and singing. My class is preparing for the fan dance and lion dance. It is quite difficult  and requires a lot of patience and perseverance getting them to practice and be serious.Considering that I have 24 students and everyone must be on the stage regardless whatever part they got. So, 10 of my girls will be doing the fan dance and 10 of my boys will be doing the lion dance, two narrators and two musicians (well,I might change the musicians as narrators as well since the music doesnt really match with the instruments).

How do I make them practise?it's not that difficult tho.They're all so excited to perform. The most challenging part is memorizing the choreography. Even I tend to forget the steps. haha It takes a lot of time for them to actually remember the steps. Thank god we have three weeks to practice although we dont have that much of time to do it. We can put aside the lessons and we have other things to catch up as well.
Anyway, I am confident with my children. I know they will do their best to showcase their talents and what we have practised together. I will upload the pictures pre, while and post assembly.. InsyaAllah

http://wallsbot.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Chinese-New-Year-2014-Horse-Wishes-HD.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...